Get off your horse and drink your milk.

 Today we stopped of at Cartagena(not the one in Columbia), I say this because every time I Google things to do in Cartagena the Columbian Cartagena comes up first. We have been here before and wanted to try something new and as a special treat for Perdita ( I have been promising her one for weeks if she walked up the rock on Gibraltar)  which she did on Thursday with lots of puffing and panting, dirty looks and even a few choice words. She even said she hated me( remember how that feels Bare), and for a time I think she really meant it.

I had booked us in to go to an equestrian centre, to go for a hack( I am a novice, though Perdita is quite proficient) I had researched for this and we had to catch the Alsa L14 bus at the bus terminus, so when we got off the ship we got a map and the lady giving them out marked on the map the route we should take.We set of and arrived there in good time to catch said bus. Unfortunately when it arrived at the stop it just drove straight past us without even slowing( if looks could kill). Fortunately I had plan B which was a taxi which of coarse cost more, but at least got us there and still on time for or reserved time. I had contacted the Equestrian centre via what's app a couple off weeks prior and true to their word they were all set up ready for us at our alloted time.

I will be honest, never having sat my arse on the back of a horse before I was somewhat nervous. Perdita however was like a child in a sweetshop, hat on in no time, crop in hand and on the horse like a whippet. We were out on the horses for about an hour and a half with a few more locals making our group it to 8. I darn't take my hands of the reins to get any pictures, but fortunately  Marie our leader did and shared them with me.





I have to say I did really enjoy the experience and would definitely do it again even if my bum is a bit sore, just not in Blighty on a cold wet winters day.


We then got a taxi back to the boat and spent the rest of the day chilling whilst I tried to catch on 3 days worth of blogging. That is the only problem when I prefer to do them, we are usually at sea and don't get internet. Whilst have our afternoon tea in the self service restraunt, we where also lucky enough to see a pod of dolphins approach from the side of the boat and do a last minute dive to avoid banging there heads, just a shame I couldn't get my camera out in time. But maybe I will get another chance later in the holiday.

 Many thanks to Marie at

https://centroecuestresotomayor.es/


For a great day.


Pongo and Perdita signing off

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chocolate, rum and a handmade cigar.

Houston we have a problem!!!!