Pongo goes solo in Palma

 Today's stop off is Palma de Mallorca, unfortunately Perdita was felling a bit under the weather( hungover more like🤢🤢) From the boat there were 2 buildings that stood out from the rest, the Cathedral and the castle. So I was left with the apparently important task of finding a shot glass and post card from Palma. 




I had planned to walk the mile or so around the harbour to the Cathedral, so stuck with the plan and set off at a pace, before it got too hot. I think the harbour is one of the biggest I have seen, it is huge and there must be well over 300 boats here starting from the smallest little dingies probably costing a few €1,000 up to a few super yachts costing hundreds of €1,000,000. Darting between the shade of the boats were millions of fish again ranging in size from tidlers to fish of about 4lb(probably mullet).



The Cathedral certainly lived up to its billing the outside facade and grounds where absolutely beautiful, unfortunately the queue to get inside was one I wasn't prepared  to join, I could have been there for hours, and I had got more important things to find.










Right around the corner from the Cathedral, was a row of tat shops selling  just about anything Mallorca, including shot glasses an post cards(winner, winner chicken dinner) job done. I then set off up towards the castle via the center of town, which was very modern looking with all the usual shop, just like a sunny Manchester. The walk up to the castle took a bit longer than I had anticipated though I did take one or two detours, if I stumbled on an interesting street.

The castle itself is at the top of a hill, the lower part covered in apartment blocks whilst the top was covered in trees, with steps cutting through them to get you to the castle probably about 200(but I didn't count them). Then perched at the top was the castle, I payed my €4, and went inside. It had obviously had quite a lot on restoration work done at it, and a large car park added at the side. I will let the photos do the talking.












Perdita then text me to find out where I was and how long I would be, I checked Google maps which told me 30 minutes, though my Google legs told me I may be a bit longer. It took about 45 minutes to get back on the boat, were Perdita was waiting for me with a very welcome forest fruit iced coffee. Cheers!!!


Pongo and Perdita signing off .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get off your horse and drink your milk.

Chocolate, rum and a handmade cigar.

Houston we have a problem!!!!